So as I start to sift through the stacks of memorabilia I've collected, I'm aware of the moments here.
Like the moment on Sunday when the boys and I walked into the train station in the provincial capital, Groningen.

While Ben and I gawked at the stained glass and ceiling murals, Caleb walked to the exit to disassociate himself from the geekish tourist behavior.
And the instant I entered the Groningen art museum's rooms featuring "De Ploeg" collection http://www.groningermuseum.nl/en/about-de-ploeg - a group of artists in this region of NL, post Van Gogh. They chose the name "The Plow" to describe their belief that the Dutch art scene needed to be turned over and cultivated with new ideas. I could have spent hours soaking in the colors in these artists' pallets, thanks to our host Jonathan who pointed me to the collection.
And my wanderings around the art museum itself, giving me a moment to see the art of the museum.

And of course the many instances during which the boys tolerated my photo set ups in front of Groningen's churches,



And appreciating that Ben consented to another bike ride with me this morning



Tomorrow will be three days, and we will have our moments in the mud... More on that to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment